Thursday, September 27, 2007

Update!!

Okay, so not much has been going on. I've barely had any time to get on the computer, I've been so busy with homework! Torrey's a fun class, but it's a ton of work! Logic is just plain fun...Very very easy. I turned in my precis, and got my grade back. They say that the average student gets a D on their first precis of the year. Guess I'm an average student. (Yup, got a D.) Bummer. Inklings has a very high standpoint, and expects alot out of you. I'm hoping to get at least a B on my re-write. (She very thoroughly graded it, pointing out exactly what my strong and weak points were...So, this whole experience was a learning one.) The smartest kid in class, (He's really nice...Doesn't flourish how smart he is, isn't a know-it-all, but you can definately tell he's bright) got a B, and Miss Romero said she's never handed out anything more than ninety percent. She even handed out one forty-percent this week. She says that she never expects much from the first precis, but she expects AlOT out of the re-write. So, I'm working hard on that this week...And I'll have a good week, too. There's no parties or anything.

We're getting our REAL case packet for Mock Trial tomorrow!! I'm SOO excited! Can't wait to see what it'll be like, and try and decide which witness I want to be!! It's going to be SOO much fun!! We've already heard that it is a murder case, (The BEST kind...No, they're not real cases! It would be sad if it was!!) about some employee that was seeking revenge, or something. I'll update once I get it. We scrimmaged last night, on the People vs. Tanner case!! I could not believe how good we were, with only studying the case for two weeks, and most of us were knew to Mock Trial! I think I did okay with mine...I didn't forget anything! I split my witness character with Savanah, because we haven't chosen the Baliff yet. (I do NOOOT want to be Baliff!! I feel very sorry for whoever has to be.) So, we have one extra witness. Last night, I watched everyone to see if there was anyone whom it was obvious that they'd be picked for baliff. But, everyone's so good! There's a good chance I will become the baliff. So, I'm just trying to do my best, so that they won't pick me!! The first month, is basically an audition with the teachers/coaches watching us to see who would do well with what.

Okay, so, NON achademic update!! I went to a party on Friday, and it was a BLAST. The house was HUMONGOUS, and seemed like it was made for parties! It was for both Teen I and Teen II, so there were a ton of ages. (Trinity refers to the teens as Teen I and Teen II, rather than Jr. Highers and Highschoolers) We started out with an icebreaker, and everyone went around and said their names and what they did in the summer. Then you had a couple minutes to try and remember as many names and what they did, and write it down on paper. Then we played a game where we ran to the poolyard, and dug through sand 'til we had thirteen shells with letters on them. Then our team put the letters together, to form a message. (The message was, "Summer Is Over Now...Therefore the title of my last post!!) My team got it at EXACTLY the same time as another team, so one of the parents just chose a team...The other team won! Lol, I still got a second-place prize though. Then we all went swimming! It was raining, which is the BEST weather to swim in! I LOVE the rain. They had a really cool pool...The kind that gradually went down, like a beach, rather than just stepping into it and onto steps. Then I went into the hot tub and just visited with some of my friends. But it was SOO hot in the tub, I had to get out frequently and get in the pool to cool off. Then we had dinner. Pizza. It was good. (Miss Romero would NOT approve of those past three sentences...She doesn't like periods!!)

Today was parkday! Parkday is a day where a bunch of us from Trinity get together just to have fellowship, and hang out with friends. It's only every two weeks, and some of the people there, I ONLY see there. So, I LOVE Parkday.

Blitz and I are in a great obedience class. We should be getting the canine good citizen at the end, (IF Blitz passes...Which I'm sure he will!) and it's alot of fun, because at the end of every week, we do an obedience obstacle course. Anyway, that's my puppy update! If you want more puppy, go over to Blitz's blog! Just click on "My Profile," Then click on "Puppy In Training."

See ya later!!

Kasey

P.S...Wanted to add some color to my otherwise-boring-looking post!! Here's a pic of Blitz at the Dodgers Stadium! (Yes yes, I'm already poisoning his mind to become a Dodgers Fan...Well, not really, since I'm still loyal to the Mariners!!)

No comments: