Monday, October 1, 2007

Peopleness....

Sorry, couldn't think of a title for this post! So much has happened in the past week. Especially with Mock Trial. So, we had the Garage Sale...It was SOO awesome! You only had to work for six hours, but I ended up working about thirteen or fourteen hours. I started at four o'clock on Friday, went home at ten, then came back at five the next morning, and stayed 'til three. (The reason I said only thirteen or fourteen hours, rather than the sixteen I was there, was because I probably had about an hour or two worth of break time...Everything from eating pizza for dinner/lunch/dinner again to playing with the cool stuff they had there. There was a TON of stuff! It took seven suburban filled trips, and then three u-haul truck loads to get it all there. But by the time it was over, it only took two truck loads to get the remaining stuff. I think not only we made alot of money, but seeing as we were spending so much time together, we really grew as a team. I barely knew alot of the people on the team before, but now I know them alot better. We couldn't hang up our signs because of city ordinances, so we went paired up to different street corners to advertise. I went twice...Once with just Hannah Coyle, and once with both Hannah and Audrey Witt. When Hannah, Audrey and I went, we had a BLAST, and we were SO animated out there. We got several honks...A LOT of waves, (Like, more than half the people waved at us.) and also a few glares. We were doing everything from the can-can to singing "In The Jungle" and dancing along. Ya, we got a few stares. But good thing...Mrs. Austin came driving by and saw us being so animated, and she approved!! Yay. It's a good thing to get Mrs. Austin's approval!! Haha. And there was alot of cool stuff there...There were a bunch of things that we did NOT know what they were, so we stuck 'em together, and made this really weird thing...I don't even know what to call it. The base was like an old fashioned iron, but it was plastic, and there was a really thick bowl-type thing with two holes coming out of it, (glass) and then some weird metal thing, and a bunch of other things I don't even know HOW to describe! So we made that, (Bradley Krebs, Brandon Snow, Shane Mitchell and I) and then we were trying to figure out how much we should price it for, so I finally just put a "Make Offer" sticker on it. Sadly, nobody offered any money for it. I saw quite a few people looking at it though...I don't think they knew what it was either. There were a bunch of OLD things though! There was this electric massager that was still in it's box, and we looked at the guarentee, and it said, "Guarenteed to last until June, 1949!" Stephen Page ended up buying that! There was a "Fuzz remover!" It said on the box, "State of the art! M odel # 1809!!" We thought that was...entertaining. After we finished clean up, Mrs. Austin took all of us that stuck through it 'til the end, (Or else, those of us that were there at the end, and helped clean up) out to Dairy Queen for Ice Cream, courtesy of the proceeds of the Mock Trial garage sale!! Okay, so, now for our grand total! We got...

2000.17!! That is AFTER paying for EVERYTHING...The u-haul, the price for Goodwill to pick alot of the stuff up, the ice cream, EVERYTHING! Mrs. Austin said at the beginning, that if we got 1500 she'd be VERY happy, and if we got 2000 she would be ECSTATIC!! Well, she's very ecstatic right now!! Lol. That takes about 120 off of each of our tickets up to Sacramento. (it's 300 dollars a ticket.) That is terrific!! I'm so happy.

I'm very busy with school right now, so I can't update about the Mock Trial case packet right now, but I can tell you it's SOO exciting!! We've already come up with an obvious conspiracy theory...I'll tell you about it later!!

We had a flood yesterday. Our washing machine was leaking all night apparently, and not just"drip, drip," leaking, but "WOOOSH" leaking. The water was two inches deep out in our living room, which is the farthest place away from the washing machine in the house. So, we were busy most of the day with that. But you will not believe how clean our floors are!! Just the day before my mom was complaining about how much dog hair we had on the floor...Well, she got her wish! Haha.

I'm very confident with my precis this go-round. I think I'm doing a TON better than I was with my first one. I really learned alot from Miss Romero's notes. I'll update you later, when I don't have as much to do!!

No comments: