Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Of Mock Trial, Torrey and floods.

So my life's a little crazy right now. I have seriously never had my life be any more crazy. I used to check the computer about twice a day, now I'm lucky if I can once every few days. Sometimes, as some of you can see, (Haha, Lisa and Peter...) I am able to get on fast enough to check, but I take a few days to reply to any messages.

ANYWAY!! It is late at night, but I told you guys I would update about the Mock Trial case, and I want to keep my promise!! So, it is a hollywood murder, the victim being a big shot producer that nobody liked. (That's what gets you killed!!) He was found with a bullet in his back. Anyway, here's how the story goes. Jes Markson, (The victim) was accused a few years back of killing someone. After a highly publicized trial, the verdict was not-guilty, but Jes was still infamous. His very popular show was cancelled, all his friends were skeptical of him, and he fell into a depression, and locked himself up in his mansion. The only person he was in contact with was Alex Palmer, who lived in Markson's pool house. While Alex was staying there, he decided to try his hand at writing, so he wrote a script for a show. All of a sudden, Jes snapped out of the depression, and started having all sorts of meetings regarding a brilliant idea he had for a new tv show. During all this, he met a girl named London Desmond, and they started dating. One day as Alex was passing through the living room, he saw the script for the show. He realized that it was his that he had wrote a few months earlier, and he confronted Jes about it. Jes denied stealing the script, and Alex moved out. A few months later, Alex saw a newspaper singing praises for Jes' new TV show, and Alex, enraged, went back to the mansion and argued with Jes again. Jes again denied it, and Alex went over to his friend, Stevies, (Markson's neighbor)to rant about it. Stevie told Alex to forget about it, because there was no way to prove that the script was even Alex's. That day Markson was having a party to celebrate the new show, and after all the guests had left, London came over to give him a gift, and Markson showed her the new theme song for the show. Jes died that night. Alex claims that he left Stevies at about ten o'clock, and arrived home about midnight. Prosecution claims that he hung around until London left, (eleven thirty) then went into the mansion, they had another argument, and then Alex took out the gun and shot him. The next day, Carter Cravin, (The person catering the party) came back to get some of her stuff, and found Markson dead on the floor. She called 911, and Detective Dana Brown (That's who I'm playing) came and examined the body, searched the premesis, questioned Carter, questioned Stevie, questioned Alex, questioned London, questioned Adrian, (Ya, a guy I haven't mentioned yet...sorry) pretty much questioned every witness except for one of the expert witnesses.

Here's a few details I left out, that are of VITAL importance!!! One, Detective Brown, when searching Alex's apartment, found a black jacket, blue shirt, and jeans (What Carter testified to seeing a guy wearing at eleven o'clock on the night of Markson's death) with gunpowder on them. The gun that Markson was killed with was an antique gun, that would have deposited gunpowder right where it was found on Alex's shirt. The defense is arguing that it is not gunpowder, but gardening chemicals on Alex's shirt, because Alex is a part time gardner. (So, I shouldn't say they found gunpowder, but that they found the chemical compounds of gunpowder) Also, (hehe) it is obvious to us all that it is not Alex who is the killer, but London!! Okay, so it says that there were rumors going around about Jes cheating on London for a Dakota James, and on the scene of the crime there was found an instant message from the screen name "DJ112233" (DJ, Dakota James) that said "I can't wait for LD to be out of the picture." (LD, London Desmond!!) So I say that when London went in there, she saw the IM, asked Jes what it was, realized who it was from and what they were talking about, and on sudden rage, took the pistol (Someone testifies that Jes has alot of props laying around his mansion) and shot Jes. Ok, so that sounds pretty weak. But surely, if I wasn't so tired, I could think of more info to prove to you it was London. But she IS guilty. Thing is, she's not the one on trial, and we can't do any more than HINT that London MAY have killed him. Sorry this whole explanation was so vague. If you read the whole case packet, it would definately make more sense!! Meanwhile, I've got alot to memorize. My witness statement is three pages long, while most of the others are one to two.

Torrey....Is hard. I got my reflection Essay back, got 69%. And believe me, that is actually pretty good. Someone else got a fifty something. I have yet to get my precis rewrite back, but it doesn't sound good, because a few people got theirs back, and their grade only went up a point of a percent. (Like instead of 69.2% grade, someone got a 69.3% grade.) This week I am reading "Decent into Hell," and doing my reflection rewrite, as well as doing RC V, (About three hours worth of work,) and tutorial G. (Only about half an hour.) Logic I am doing the exercises for chapters six and seven, and reading eight and nine. So, let's see...I've got about six or seven hours of work for Mock Trial, (Due monday) twelve hours of Inklings, three hours for Logic...And I've got to study for the PSAT's which are in two weeks. (Mostly math...I am not doing any math this semester, (Like I have the time) so I have to work very hard to get at least average in the math portion of the PSAT) We are scrimmaging next wednesday with Mock Trial, and I am nowhere near ready. I need to study that MUCH more.

Meanwhile, hotel life is okay!! I'm sure I'll get sick of it in another month, (Yes, we've had to extend our stay from a month to three months.) but right now, I'm getting to know everyone, their names, what shifts they work on, etc. I walk into the lobby, and I'll know who to expect.

Anywho, that's my life. It's pretty crazy.

No comments: